Retreat in Bali
Insight – Retreat in Bali is a combination of a trip to a faraway country with a deep coaching process, thanks to which you will discover your true self.
Take a journey of a lifetime and go to a 9-day retreat on the exotic island of Bali.
Retreat in Bali – 7 Reasons Why
Thanks to our life coaching & self-therapy retreat extensive programme, you will take the most of every moment spent on our Retreat in Bali and have a unique experience. Much of the retreat will take place outside the workshop room, merging group work with discovering Indonesian culture and exploring the most interesting spots on the island.
Insight – Retreat in Bali is a unique and incomparable experience of inner transformation. Carefully selected methods, group coaching, yoga and meditation, together with a huge variety of outdoor activities and tours will enable you to change your thinking 180-degree.
Villa Gaia is a fabulous house set among rice paddies. For the time of the retreat, it will be exclusively at the disposal of our group. Twin and triple rooms (and one quad) with air conditioning plus a spacious open-air workshop room with comfortable sofas and a view over palm trees and rice terraces. Last but not least, large swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna available 24 hours a day.
A small group of 14 people ensures an atmosphere of full openness and guarantees individual approach. After two days of shared workshops, you will feel as if you were hanging out with best friends you’ve known for ages.
Under the wings of our two certified and most experienced coaches Michael Pasterski and Sandra Lasek, who will be with the group every day from morning till evening, you will have plenty of opportunities for individual coaching conversations about the issues most important to you.
Three delicious, healthy and carefully prepared meals a day and constant access to coffee, tea, lemonade and snacks including traditional Balinese sweets and desserts. During the retreat you will try the best dishes of Asian cuisine, especially those characteristic to Bali.
We will help you to break out from busy everyday life and restore energy. You will have the opportunity to try traditional Indonesian massage and take a relaxing walk in the rice paddies. In the evening we will sit on comfortable couches and talk like a bunch of good old friends.
A journey into yourself...
They say that travel broadens the mind. That’s true, but travel does so much more. It changes us from within. It allows us to change our thinking and our approach to ourselves and to outside reality.
When we are on a long journey, all of our habits and automatic thoughts come to a standstill. Our minds become completely open to all that is new.
It’s a beautiful state of mind, in which we are ready for the changes, that would have never been possible for us in our everyday state.
What would you say for a journey, which, except for beautiful memories and experiences empowering you on a spiritual level, would also be a trip deep into yourself?
What would you say for a journey, that is a thoroughly thought-out and detailed process, based on coaching and therapeutic methods? A journey that will allow you to reach the deepest parts of yourself and to rediscover your true self?
During the retreat in Bali:
- You will be together with people from all over the world, who are just as passionate for self-development as you are, and you will experience an adventure that will stay forever in your heart,
- You will be cared for by 2 life coaches while you go through a 9-day coaching process, which will allow you to reach priceless discoveries and achieve deep inner changes,
- You will free yourself from mental and emotional blockades, change destructive assumptions, enhance your self-worth and learn to listen to the voice of your intuition, so that you may always live in harmony with yourself,
- You will become more independent in finding answers to your most important questions thanks to our coaching game, which we practice during the retreat,
- You will discover inner peace and joy of life, you will become your own best friend and support,
- You will learn different kinds of meditations, basics of yoga, you will experience healing through tibetan gongs and balinese massage,
- You will experience the magic of Bali in its most authentic form,
- You will see exotic nature (jungle, waterfalls, rice terraces, ocean), taste delicious asian cuisine and get to know unique balinese culture and it’s lovely people.
My name is Michael Pasterski and I’m the founder of Life Architect, Planets, the Foundation for Conscious Education and my blog Pasterski.com. I’m also the author of the book “Insight. Road to Mental Maturity” (which sold in over 16 thousand copies).
For over 10 years I have been exploring and practicing psychology, as well as creating alternative educational tools. My work is my greatest passion, and exactly through this came everything we do in Life Architect.
My second passion, which I practice for many years, is travelling. I spent, in total, 8 months in south-east Asia. Most often I came back to the indonesian island of Bali - I’ve been there 5 times. This place is like my second home and I consider moving there for longer.
In 2015, during one of the trips to Bali, I came up with an idea of combining my two greatest passions. I felt the greatest desire to share everything I had the opportunity to experience there.
I decided to organise a unique retreat, which would combine deep personal development and self-work with far-away, exotic travels.
The Insight – Retreat in Bali is the fruition of this idea. It's a Life Coaching & Self-Therapy retreat and it was built on two complementary levels:
1. Educational, based on the methods put forward in my first book "Insight. Road to Mental Maturity".
2. Travel & Adventure, based on my own experience as a keen traveller (I know Bali like the back of my hand and I know where to go, to experience the most authentic version of this “island of gods”).
Imagine that you are away from your daily routine and everyday habits, in a wonderful and unique place with rich culture and beautiful nature while going through a carefully thought-out process of inner change.
For many participants of our previous editions this journey was a breakthrough moment. Tears of joy, sense of relief, good contact with self and deep, inner peace - these are experiences which are most common in our groups during the last moments of Insight in Bali retreats.
I’m proud of what we succeeded in creating and I invite you with great pleasure to the adventure that will forever stay in your heart.
The Insight Method
The aim of Insight in Bali Retreat is to reach a state of deep self-knowledge, free yourself from self-destructive habits of your own mind and reach a state of mental maturity. All of this is done through understanding and careful practice of techniques that are a part of the Insight method.
What is mental maturity and the Insight method?
Mental maturity is a state of deep mental balance, healthy self-support system, and freedom from the self-destructive habits of your mind. It stands for self-awareness leading to deep understanding of your nature and courage to live in harmony with yourself. It also means remaining open to your inner world and being willing to look into the deepest levels of your psyche.
The path to mental maturity is a fascinating journey to the inner self. Its goal is insight, self-knowledge and solving your minds inner riddles. What awaits you at the end of this road? Living your life to the fullest, according to your own design.
Insight is a method which enables you to go through this process on your own, step by step. You will be able to put this chatty, chaotic mind of yours at ease. You will gain deep insight into your inner world. You will start to listen to the voice of your intuition. Thanks to this, you will find answers to the questions that are most important to you. You will be in touch with different parts of your personality and you will learn a whole set of practical tools for systematic self-work.
The book "Insight. Road to Mental Maturity" was sold in over 16.000 copies up to now. It was published by Onepress in Poland. You will get a 75-page summary of the foundations of this method in PDF format. It’s worth to familiarize yourself with it before arriving to Bali.
Who will benefit from this retreat?
Insight – Retreat in Bali is for people, who:
- feel they came to a standstill and need a new, fresh look at themselves and their life,
- want to understand themselves better, to uncover their fears, needs and wishes,
- need to get rid of chaos in their mind, to regain inner peace and hear the voice of their intuition,
- want to get away from daily routine, to find a safe place to work on their emotions, assumptions and habits,
- feel they are overwhelmed with the amount of various techniques and methods of personal development and want to learn a universal, coherent and effective method that will stay with them for years,
- dream of a long, exotic and unforgettable journey, which will fill their soul with beautiful memories and broaden their horizons,
- need support and guidance in choosing their path of personal growth,
- need to make an important, life-changing decision and need time and space to find the answer to most pressing questions.
"I have just discovered what's been weighing on my heart and I feel a great relief now. For me, this trip was a journey to self-discovery." - Margaret
Inner change is a dynamic process. This is why, to stimulate it, we should not sit around. When we combine physical activity with exploring new places, our mind inevitably leaves behind habitual ways of thinking and opens the gate to a whole new perspective.
Therefore, in order for the change to be effective and sustainable, some activities during the retreat will take place outdoors. In Bali, there are many places of gentle beauty and unique ambient, which will inspire you to look at your life from a different perspective. We will visit them together every day, engaging in group discussions and reflecting on what we experienced during the workshop. We have the following activities planned, i.a.:
4-hour trek in the most beautiful rice terraces, where you'll see how rice is cultivated and experience the extraordinary tranquility that is so characteristic for Bali's rural life. In the evening, we will have a delicious dinner at one of the traditional restaurants, watching the sunset over the rice paddies.
A trip to a seaside town with a fabulous, wide Indian Ocean beach. We will take a long relaxing walk on the beach and afterwards have dinner (also on the beach), admiring the sunset and listening to live music.
Colourful and unforgettable performance of traditional Balinese dance with unique local music. After the show we will have dinner at one of the most traditional restaurants in Ubud.
To get to the best rated (according to TripAdvisor) spa in Ubud, we will take the famous ridge walk with amazing views over beautiful valleys. On the spot, there will be a full 1-hour Balinese massage in its finest awaiting us.
A 4-hour trek through the jungle in the depths of the island, where we will see one of the most stunning waterfalls and get to know the local agriculture. During the trip we will also hop on a traditional boat and cross to the other side of a beautiful lake, where we will find a temple, rarely visited by tourists.
A professional sound healing session with Tibetan bowls and gongs inside the magic "Piramids of Chi". A one-of-a-kind opportunity to experience altered states of consciousness and the process of releasing tensions and emotional blockage through the vibrations of these unique instruments.
We will visit the most interesting balinese temple, which were built around a hotspring. We will have the possibility to take part in a traditional, cleansing ritual bath, which is an inherent part of life of every balinese.
For those who love beautiful views we prepared a tour, that you will never forget. Just before the sunrise we will set off for the Mount Batur volcano crater, from where you will see a stunning landscape and a dance of the light of waking up sun. The walk is relatively easy and lasts nearly 3 hours one way. This tour is optional.
A 1.5-hour yoga session (run by an experienced yogini) that will help you reconnect with your body and stretch after a long journey. To finish the session Yoga Nidra - a specific type of relaxation, which will put us into a state of balancing between sleep and waking.
Pay for the retreat in 4 installments 0% (one installment monthly). Aggregate amount of all the installments will be exactly the same, as in the case of a one time payment - not a penny more. To choose the installment purchase write us to email@example.com or call on:
+ 48 607 465 879 (UE).
Insight – Retreat in Bali formula
We believe that the our way of self-work has a huge impact on the effectiveness of the methods used. The life coaching & self-therapy approach we have developed supports the process of change on many levels:
- Unique group process. The workshop model is based on the group coaching method. Each conversation held during the retreat can become a trigger for inner discoveries or for looking at yourself from a new perspective.
- Focus on practice. During the retreat we will convey the knowledge essence without beating around the bush. 80% of the training is about practicing many carefully selected techniques and methods of self-work.
- Coaching Game. Points Of You is a game, in which you can turn off your rational thinking and open up to what intuition tells you. Using this group coaching tool will be a completely new and exciting stimulus for you to look at yourself from a different perspective.
- Active participation. Interactions and discussions between participants are an integral part of the retreat - the members of the workshop group can share their experiences and realizations at all times.
- Morning ritual. In order to prepare your body and mind for a fruitful day, full of experiences, we will start every day with a short morning session of yoga and meditation.
- Healthy relaxation. It is a key element of the incubation process, which allows our unconscious to “digest” personal discoveries and new experiences stimulated during the retreat. We offer group meditation, walking on rice terraces, and Indonesian massage with relaxing music.
- Flexible daily schedule. The retreat schedule is always flexible so that we can respond every step of the way to the needs of the group. So, no worries. While in Bali you will have the opportunity not only to get to know yourself but also this fascinating island.
We know from our experience of many years in organizing this type of retreats that this form of group work gives highly sustainable results.
"The whole retreat in Bali is designed to help us undergo a self-therapy process which, first of all, brings serenity. But this work also went deeper and I know it would be difficult to do it on my own." - Damian
During these 9 days we will practice the techniques of the Insight method described in the book by Michael Pasterski, learning how to make use of them on our own. We will also pick up new techniques (not described in the book) and explore various approaches to self-development.
These include: Zen Coaching, Gestalt therapy, mindfulness, transpersonal coaching, cognitive-behavioral therapy, zen meditation.
You choose the issues and goals you will work on during our life coaching & self-therapy retreat. It's designed so that each participant can focus on what is most important to him/her.
So far, the participants of our retreats have worked mostly on building their self-esteem, discovering life path, developing motivation to take action, and releasing themselves from destructive emotions and harmful habits. Many participants come to the retreat also in order to heal close relationships, make the most important life decisions, find peace and serenity within themselves and bring back the joy of life.
Just like in the coaching session, we will ask you the question: "What are the things you want to change in yourself most?", and then we will show you how you can do it yourself.Zwiń
What will change?
Except solving your own troubles and finding a way to make your goals happen, after the Insight in Bali retreat:
- You will be aware of what you need from life, what is hard for you and what obstacles stand in your way,
- You will always be ready to solve your problems as they come,
- Insight into your mental and emotional processes will become a part of your daily life, which will greatly enhance your self awareness,
- You will learn your path of development and, in a balanced way, you will grow in the parts, that are most important to you,
- You will walk through your life in full acceptance and harmony with yourself, listening to your intuition when you need to make important, life-changing decisions,
- Every obstacle will become a challenge, which you will approach with curiosity and engagement, efficiently finding the best solutions,
- You will have the ability to unleash your full potential by asking yourself key questions and by stimulating your own creativity.
"A lot has happened for me during this retreat in Bali and if I were to say about what is here and now, I'm much more serene than before. This is not a hurray enthusiasm. It is a feeling of harmony." - Barbara
Insight – Retreat in Bali Program
- Using the Circle of Life method, you will analyse the current state of affairs and identify areas of your life that require most attention;
- You will discover and understand the obstacles that stand in the way to a happy and deeply fulfilling life;
- You will make a complete list of problems, obstacles you want to address and goals you want to achieve in the near future;
- You will be able to control any mental chaos and learn to calm your mind;
- You will stop struggling with your problems and begin to explore, understand, and accept them;
- You will learn to turn your attention inward so that you have a direct connection to your inner world;
- You will learn the basics of meditation and experience different approaches to meditation practice.
- You will explore the world of your emotions and learn how to handle the negative ones (stress, anger, frustration, regret, guilt);
- Discover what motivation really is and learn how to build your life with a natural motivation always on your side;
- You will learn to express and release your emotions in a genuine, uninhibited and straightforward way.
- You will understand the nature of personal beliefs and how they behave and learn to change the most destructive ones into those that give support;
- You will discover your most detrimental thinking habits and you will be able to set yourself free from them;
- You will learn how to communicate better with your subconscious and how to recognize the voice of intuition;
- You will learn how to free yourself from the idealized self-image and build healthy self-esteem;
- You will discover and understand your most important subpersonalities and get in touch with them;
- You will learn how to communicate with yourself and develop a conscious dialogue with the subconscious parts of yourself;
- You will Improve your relationship with yourself and strengthen your self-esteem.
- You will grasp the most important coaching models and find out how to use them to achieve goals that are most important for you;
- You will learn to ask yourself the right questions in the right way so that you can freely access the resources hidden in your unconscious;
- You will know how to discover key questions that catalyze breakthroughs and stimulate key decisions;
- You will recognize your natural talents and learn how to develop them.
- You will learn the methods of personal development management and ways to keep track of your progress;
- You will practice ways to build your habits so that your self-work will become an integral part of your everyday life
- You will lay out your personal path of balanced personal development.
Ubud, the most beautiful city in Indonesia. Ubud, set amidst gorgeous rice terraces, has been for ages a spiritual, artistic and cultural capital of Bali.
A fabulous residence combining traditional Balinese style and modern architecture. In the center of the villa there is a spacious open-air training room with a view over the rice paddies and coconut palms. During the retreat the whole Villa Gaia with all its facilities (swimming pool, Finnish sauna and jacuzzi) will only be at our group’s disposal.
Amazing food is one of the greatest assets of this place. Get ready for healthy, local, varied and delicious meals (3 meals daily). And if you have some special nutritional needs (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or raw diet), be sure that there will be a large selection of meals ideal for your diet.
Let’s recap! What do you get with our trip to Bali?
1 8 cozy nights in a spacious Villa Gaia,
2 3 abundant, diverse and healthy meals a day,
3 5 trips with transport and entrance ticket,
4 35 hours of workshops and evening coaching game,
5 Constant access to 2 trainers throughout the duration of the workshop,
6 Constant care of a certified tour guide,
7 Balinese massage at Karsa SPA and Tibetan gong therapy,
8 Daily morning yoga session and meditation practice,
9 Free time for rest, walking and shopping in Ubud,
10 Constant access to water, fresh lemonade, coffee and tea,
11 Constant access to snacks, including Balinese delicacies,
12 Permanent access to a large swimming pool, Jacuzzi and Finnish sauna,
13 Support in selecting an airline ticket and planning a trip,
14 Transfers from the airport to Villa Gaia and the airport on the last day.
See what participants have to say
More reviews about this retreat
- Accommodation at Villa Gaia (8 nights/9 days = 7 full workshop days + check-in day + check-out day)
- Full board (3 meals a day)
- Coffee, tea, lemonade, water and snacks throughout the whole retreat, including traditional Balinese sweets and desserts
- Transfer from Denpasar Airport (the only airport on the island) to Villa Gaia
- Transfer from Villa Gaia to the airport
- Activities described in the section "Outdoor practice" (transport and entry tickets)
- One Balinese massage in Karsa Spa
What is not included
- Individual/personal insurance
Why does the price of the retreat not include airfares? Because it is difficult to predict the cost of all flights, since participants come from all over the world. In addition to that, the airline ticket prices vary depending on the time of purchase, which will be different for each participant.
You don’t need to take any extra money with you, as you will be provided with everything (food, water, tourist attractions entrance tickets). However, you may take under consideration the possibility of buying souvenirs - Bali abounds in unique, local products.
Airline ticket purchase
We have a great experience in flying to Asia, so we will be happy to help you choose the best flight at a good price. In addition, we usually pave the way for the participants to make contact with each other a few weeks ahead of the retreat, so that they can feel more comfortable on a shared journey.
Retreat participants will be accommodated in 2-person rooms. There is also one quad available, which is a larger room with jacuzzi, wardrobe and a terrace with a view over the rice paddies. We will match your roommates taking into account first of all sex and age, but also personality traits and place of residence. Couples (including married couples) are accommodated separately, because we learned from previous retreats that sleeping in separate rooms has a very positive influence on the process of inner change that takes place during the retreat.
The day of participants’ arrival and lodging at Villa Gaia (accommodation possible from 12 am). There are no workshop activities scheduled for that day. It’s time to rest after the journey. In the evening, around 8 pm, we meet for one hour to do a short team-building exercise and discuss organizational matters. Lunch is served at 2 pm, dinner - at 7 pm.
Those who come to Bali earlier need to arrange for accommodation and board on their own. You might stay at Villa Gaia, but we can also help you in choosing a hotel near our retreat residence.
Those arriving in Bali on Saturday will be provided with a free transfer from Denpasar Airport to the place of stay.
7 days of the retreat.
Last day of our stay at Villa Gaia. Check out and free transfer to Denpasar Airport. On that day, breakfast is provided and lunch served at 1 pm. Afterwards, the entire group leaves the place of our stay.
Those who stay in Bali longer arrange for accommodation, board and airport transfers on their own (we offer full support by suggesting proven hotels and restaurants as well as contact numbers to reliable transport companies).
Example day plan
- 7:30 - 8:00 / Morning Yoga & Meditation
- 8:00 - 8:30 / Breakfast
- 8:30 - 13:30 / Retreat: Module 2
- 13:30 - 14:30 / Lunch
- 14:30 - 16:00 / Free time
- 16:00 - 19:00 / Rice fields walk & Tirta Empul temple
- 19:00 - 20:00 / Dinner
- 20:00 - 21:30 / Coaching game
The whole time at the retreat is carefully planned and rich in various activities. At the same time, we know how important it is for participants of this type of retreat to have some time for themselves. Some people like to sunbathe, some go to the market and buy souvenirs for the loved ones, whereas others choose to take a walk in the surrounds in order to reflect on what they have just experienced during the retreat. Therefore, we have included free time in the retreat itinerary, which everyone can spend according to their preferences.
After signing up for the Insight in Bali retreat, you will be provided with a guide in PDF format, full of practical information on how to pack wisely for the retreat, what to do prior the travel to avoid the so-called "jet lag" (time-zone change fatigue) and where to buy a ticket at a good price, what about the required vaccination, and last but not least, what is worth seeing in Bali if you plan to arrive earlier or stay longer after the retreat is completed.
9 days is not enough for you?
Why not come to Bali sooner or stay here longer! We strongly recommend extending your stay (before or/and after the retreat) on this paradise island, where you will find so many inspiring places. We will be glad to assist you with booking extra nights in Villa Gaia or other beautiful and comfortable residence at a good price. Feel free to ask for help with arranging transportation and planning your stay. We know how to have a good time in Bali - we resided here for several months and traveled the island up and down.
You can pay the whole price via Paypal or traditional bank transfer, or start with a deposit of 600 USD to secure your spot. If you prefer, you can pay the whole amount in 4 instalments (the first one being the deposit, and then 3 instalments in the amount of 790 USD). We do not charge any interest. In order to use the instalment payment service, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The retreat will be run entirely in English. Speaking in any other language is not required at any stage of the retreat.
Frequently asked questions
What if I have special nutritional requirements?
Just let us know about it prior to the retreat. The cook can prepare vegan and gluten-free meals for you. We are also open to other types of diets.
Can I pay in instalments?
It’s possible to pay for the retreat in 4 instalments (we do not charge any interest): the first instalment is at the same time the deposit, in the amount of 600 USD. It's payable on signing-up for the retreat. The next three instalments in the amount of 790 USD should be paid monthly within the next three months, however, the last instalment is due 30 days prior to the retreat.
Do I need a visa to Indonesia?
What kind of rooms will be the participants accommodated in?
What is the cancellation policy?
Can I go to Bali with other participants?
Contact us, we will answer all your questions
Contact us, we will answer all your questions
Travel manager and Yoga teacher email@example.com
or call us +48 607 465 879 (UE)
8:00 am - 4:00 pm (BST, UTC+1)
3:00 am - 11:00 am (EDT, UTC-4)
We will contact you!
We will contact you!