1. Cookie files are considered here as IT data, in particular text files, stored on the end user devices (usually on a computer hard drive or on a mobile device) used by the user’s browser to save certain settings and data for accessing websites. These files allow to recognize the user’s device and properly display the website, ensuring maximum comfort during its use. Storing cookies enables to properly customize website and the offer it contains in line with the user’s preferences – the Web server recognizes the user and keeps track of the user’s preferences measured by the number of user’s visits, clicks, previous actions, etc.
2. Cookies contain in particular the name of the domain from which they originate, the time of their storage on the end device and a unique number used to identify the browser that connects the user to the website.
3. Cookies are used for the following purposes:
a. to customize the content of websites to the user’s preferences and optimize the use of the website,
b. to maintain the website user’s session (after logging in), thanks to which the user does not have to log in again accessing each of the subpages of the website,
c. to create anonymous statistics that help to understand how the users utilize websites and allow to improve the websites structure and content, providing users with advertising content tailored to their individual needs and interests.
1. There are two basic types of cookies:
a. persistent cookies, which are permanent files stored on the user’s device for the time specified in the cookies parameters or until they are manually deleted by the user;
b. session cookies, which are temporary files stored on the user’s end device and deleted automatically after logging out of the website or turning off the web browser.
2. In a detailed division, cookies can be split into the following categories, distinguished according to:
a. the degree of their indispensability for providing the service (including the necessary files – absolutely indispensable for the proper operation of the website and its functions – and functional files – the website is fully functional without them, however, they are necessary for adjusting the website to the user’s preferences)
b. their origin (including first party cookies, which are used directly by the owner of the visited website, and third-party cookies, which are used by external entities whose web page components were embedded on the website by the owner.
c. their purpose (including files that ensure the website’s configuration, security and reliability, files used for services that require authentication, files for personalization of advertising and localization of displayed information).
1. Using cookie files in order to adjust the content of the web pages to the user’s preferences does not mean, as to the principle, collecting and storing personally identifiable information, although this information may sometimes be of nature of personal data, e.g. the data that allow for assigning certain behaviours to a certain user.
2. The personal data collected via “cookies” can only be stored in order to perform specific functions for the user. Such data are encrypted in a way that prevents access to unauthorized persons.
1. Cookies used by this website are not harmful to the end user or the end user device, therefore, it is recommended, in order to enable proper functioning of the website, not to block cookies in the web browsers.
2. In many cases, software used to browse websites (web browser) accepts by default the storage of information in the form of cookies and other similar technologies in the end user device. The user can change the way the web browser uses their cookies at any time by managing the web browser settings. The instruction for altering the cookie settings is different for each software (web browser).
3. Detailed information about managing cookies on your mobile phone or other mobile device should be included in the instruction manual of the given mobile device.