Learn how to work with systems impacted by Attachment Trauma
Gain access to the recordings of 2-day online IFS workshop (no time limits).
- Gain knowledge on IFS’s perspective on attachment theory and styles,
- Gain awareness of your own internal map of parts who carry attachment wounds and find the ways attachment injuries have impacted your system and your clients’ systems,
- Obtain practical skills in working with parts holding attachment injury,
- Explore ways to foster internal attachment and move towards external attachment, through attunement, presence, and connection.
IFS and attachment styles
Healthy interactions with parental figures support children in developing secure attachment style. Secure attachment is associated with intimate internal and external relationships in life.
Our nervous system is impacted by those early attachment wounds and awaits healing no matter how hurt and wounded we are. Our role as therapists is to create this healing opportunity for our clients and ourselves.
The four main attachment styles (Secure, Avoidant, Anxious, and Disorganized) identified and formulated by psychiatrist and psychoanalyst John Bowlby will be discussed in relationship to a parts pattern, and recommended IFS therapeutic interventions will be explored.
The impact of attachment wounds
As we deepen the work with IFS, learning the expression of different attachment styles, we’ll explore the impact of attachment injury on the system of parts – both protectors and exiles.
We’ll gain awareness on the ways in which the nature of early interactions have burdened the different parts, created a dysregulated system, the way parts learned to respond to significant others in their clients’ lives, and the way inner attunement can create healing and strengthen self-regulation.
We’ll learn about shame in response to attachment injury, we’ll attend to parts needing to grieve and mourn, and we’ll discover ways to regulate the nervous system to foster and promote internal secure attachment and intimacy.
This two-day workshop will invite you to explore the impact early attachment interactions have had on your system, on your life and on your wellbeing.
In this unique setting, you will identify parts that carry attachment wounds, identify the burdens they carry, and experience and practice an inner attachment attunement process that will promote inner healing to the entire system.
What you will get to know
Participants will be:
- Noticing trailheads to parts carrying attachment wounds,
- Finding protectors and exiles alike who were created or impacted by attachment wounds,
- Getting to know burdens carried by parts who experienced attachment injury,
- Gaining knowledge on polarizations in the system created around attachment wounds,
- Exploring shame held by the protective system and by exiles,
- Learning the impact of attachment injury on the nervous system and ways of internal regulation,
- Discovering the inner healing process and the impact on external systems.
With this series there are 12 IFS CEs available to be applied for
IFS certification for those who have completed IFS Level 1 training.
How it works
The workshop was held live on November 2021.
The whole process has been structured so that you can go through it at any time, at your own pace. Explore almost 8 hours of video material - it's important that you find the right space to immerse yourself in this process.
The recording contain didactics, meditations and practice instructions so you will be able to do personal work in your own time. Please note that the practice groups sessions, live demos and the group sharings were not recorded.
Remember that you get unlimited access to the course recordings, which means you will be able to view them in a year or even in a few years.
Opinions about Osnat's workshops
Completion of IFS Level 1 Training is not required
At the same time, you need to know the fundamentals of IFS as no basic didactics about the model will be offered.
Make sure that you:
- have completed a thorough introductory course/workshop about IFS or the IFSI Online Circle,
- have a desire to embody the IFS Model – deepen the knowledge of your own system to assist your clients in doing so, and learn tools that will aid you in this process.
Up to 48 hours after purchase, if you are not completely satisfied just let us know about it. We will give you a full refund. You are not required to give any reason. You have nothing to lose!
Learn how to work with Attachment Trauma
IFS online workshop with Osnat Arbel, PhD, IFS Lead Trainer from Israel,
the recordings of 2-day online IFS workshop
During this 2-day workshop you will learn how to identify and work with systems impacted by attachment injuries.
When you sign up for the "IFS & Attachment Trauma" workshop you get:
- All-time access to workshop recordings – no time limits,
- Training materials ready for printing,
- Certificate of Completion,
- 12 IFS CEs available to be applied for IFS certification for those who have completed Level 1 training.