"Addictions and Eating Disorders" with Mary Kruger.
6-day IFS Level 2 Online Intensive Training.
What can you expect from this training?
You will experience a 6-day intensive IFS Level 2 training approved by IFS Institute with Mary Kruger as a trainer. Thanks to a highly experiential program and priceless support of experienced Program Assistants, you will deepen and broaden your knowledge and skills of IFS therapy.
Mary Kruger, MS, LMFT, specializes in addictions, eating disorders, trauma and relationships in her long-time, IFS- based practice. She works in individual, relational and group contexts, and enjoys sharing her experience in her teaching.
You will meet experienced therapists from all over the world. It will let you share your knowledge, experience and ideas, and also form relationships that can last for years. This training is not only a learning experience, it's also a social one.
The Level 2 training uses a format that features lectures, live demonstrations of the therapeutic process, small group practice sessions (each group is attended by an experienced program assistant) and larger group discussions.
We will support you on each step of this training and we have more than 10 years of experience in organizing online live streaming training. We will send you a thorough technical guidebook and we will be always ready to help.
About the Training
Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS) brings an innovative, new perspective to working with people with addictions and eating disorders. The current field is replete with treatment modalities and information that often offer conflicting ideas about how to best treat addictions and eating disorders.
IFS can move us into a new dimension of treatment with this challenging population and offers ways to neutralize polarizations that can occur in the traditional treatment milieu. IFS also enables us to access and heal the beliefs, burdens, emotions and energies carried by parts of the client that are masked by addictions and eating disorders.
This training will focus on:
- Viewing addictions and eating disorders through the lens of Internal Family Systems Therapy;
- Practical application of IFS to treatment;
- The importance of Self-energy in the healing process.
Format: The format includes lecture, large and small group discussion, experiential exercises, practice in groups, and live demonstration.
In addition to offering a thorough understanding of the theory and practice of IFS therapy, this training invites participants to explore their own inner worlds within a training's safe, nurturing space.
As a participant in these training you will learn:
- How to define and view addictions and eating disorders from the IFS perspective;
- How to apply basic, key concepts of IFS to addictions and eating disorders;
- To develop an IFS skill set, including techniques such as un-blending, collaboration, negotiation and direct access with extreme firefighters;
- Steps for healing the shame, fear, trauma and legacy burdens underneath;
- How to identify and address treatment constraints;
- IFS-based family, couples, and group work with addictions and eating disorders;
- Integration of IFS with other treatment modalities and self-help groups, including the 12 Step programs.
Experience and explore
IFS theory and technique are important, but knowledge of the impact our selves and our parts have on clients is essential for a positive outcome. In the safe and nurturing atmosphere of the training, participants will be invited to explore their own parts that may affect their work with clients. In this context, participants will be encouraged to:
- Recognize and acknowledge their personal beliefs and reactions towards addictions and eating disorders (extreme firefighters);
- Explore their cultural/legacy burdens regarding addictions and eating disorders;
- Experience ways to access and maintain Self-energy when working with clients.
This is the 6-day training:
- 20 – 25 April 2021
The training will start at 3:00 pm CEST (Central European Summer Time) and finish at 9:30 pm CEST each day. Only on the last day of the training we will finish at 8:30 pm CEST.
The training has 38 program hours.
Before the training, we will send you a training manual by traditional post.
- IFS Level 1 completion is a pre-requisite for this training.
- The training includes lectures, large and small group discussions, live and video demonstrations, and experiential practice groups.
- Participants must complete 27 hours to receive a certificate of completion.
- The training will be run in English. Speaking in any other language is not required at any stage of the training.
This training will take place on the Zoom software. There is no need to install the software on your laptop, but it is recommended.
The practice groups will be run with a "breakout room" functionality within Zoom, which allows groups to have private sessions and lets the trainer join particular rooms if needed.
Each participant will join with their video and audio on, being able to ask questions, discuss with other participants, share screen, etc.
Pay for the training in 2 installments 0% (the deposit + the rest of the total cost). Aggregate amount of all the installments will be exactly the same, as in the case of a one time payment - not a penny more.
In order to secure your spot you can pay the whole price or start with a deposit of 700 USD. There are three ways of making the payment:
- International transfer in USD (if you are based outside UK and US)
- Domestic transfer in GBP (if you have an UK based account)
Please note, that if you choose to pay the deposit, you will have to pay the remaining amount (1400 USD) within the next 30 days or sooner as the final payment deadline is 15 March 2021.
If you need an invoice, please contact us at email@example.com and provide the necessary details. We can issue an invoice until the 5th day of the next month after the payment.
Places will be held in date order of receipt of acceptable applications
According to paragraph 8 of our „General Terms and Conditions”, in case of registration we will collect a fee in the following amount:
- The amount of the deposit (700 USD) upon cancellation submitted 90 days or more prior to the event start date,
- 50% of the training price upon cancellation submitted between 60 and 89 days prior to the event start date,
- 100% (total cost of the training) upon cancellation submitted not later than 59 days prior the event start date.
If you have to resign, but you will indicate another person to fill in the vacated spot, this person will be able to participate without incurring any additional costs.
Also, if you have to resign and someone from the waiting list will claim your spot, we will refund 100% of the training price.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to book a place in the training?
Your spot will be secured only by paying the deposit or the total training fee. In order to receive all the payment details please contact Paulina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I pay in installments?
Yes, you can. You can pay for the training in two 0% interest installments (deposit + the rest of the total cost), which means that the total amount of all installments equals the amount paid for the training in a one-off payment. If you are interested in taking the installment payment option, contact Paulina at email@example.com.
Will there be a lunch break during the module?
Yes. There will be a 40-minute lunch break. Please prepare your meal before each training day.
Contact us to sign up for the training
Customer Service Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us +48 507 521 501 (UE)
8:00 am - 3:00 pm (BST, UTC+1)
3:00 am - 10:00 am (EDT, UTC-4)